Fun Lovin Half Dozen

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Pick Me Up!

Yesterday morning I woke up to, "Mom, try to lift me up! I bet you can't!"

My little boy blue turned five years old yesterday. My sweet little May Day baby. Sigh! He was so excited to turn five, he could barely stand it. He asked everyday for weeks if "tomorrow" was his birthday. And when you turn five, it's a sure thing that your mom won't be able to lift you up anymore.

The only thing he wanted to do for his birthday was the Home Depot Kids' Workshop. So we got up early (me and the four monkeys) and headed to Home Depot for a little building fun.

Minutes after arriving, Hunter hammered his little thumb and was howling like a baby. Fortunately, he recovered quickly and worked like a pro to finish his project. Harmonie knows how to work a hammer...although she about took my fingers out a few times. Haileigh was proud of herself because she completed the project without following the written instructions. (This is apparently really cool when you are 10 years old. I think she's taking after her dad:o) And little Miss Ellie sat in her stroller the entire time without making a peep. She was in heaven smiling at everybody walking by.

After the workshop, we got ready for the family BBQ and party. I thought I had everything taken care of until I realized we had no ketchup. Oops!

I have this rule, I do not clean before having big parties. I will pick up the house, but refuse to mop the floors and stuff like that before people come over. It just leads to frustration when cake and soda end up on the floor...walls...ceilings. I do, however, scrub the bathrooms down...but forgot yesterday and was horrified when I realized my boys haven't had the best aim lately. Another oops!

Hunter got lots of fun presents...including a kid sized (heavy duty) wheelbarrow. I can't believe my little man is five already! Wow!

We are having a police themed friend party next Saturday...wish me luck:o)

3 Happy Notes:

Janea said...

Cute posts! I hope you saved me some b-day cake. :)

Marti said...

Ohhh...Home Depot activity-great idea! I'll have to remember that.

Em said...

super cute pic! We had a great time at the party.