I know most of my friends and family have given up on me in the blogging world. For those that actually check my blog...THANKS! I just can't seem to find the time to play on the computer like I used to. Then again, I can't find time to do many of the things I did before Miss Ellie arrived.
We had an amazing weekend. We are really starting to get our yard together. Last fall we had it leveled and trenched. Aaron also got the sprinkling system installed. We decided to wait on the remainder (top soil, grass, curbing, etc.) as many of the neighbors had problems with settling and having to start all over. We are so glad we waited, as you can see where the soil settled.
We are having our rock wall installed on Wednesday and then on to topsoil, curbing, and hydro seeding (less work for us). Being that we couldn't do much in the yard over the weekend, I begged Big A to do some other projects around the house...namely to re-strain the front door. Off to Home Depot we went to buy the stain. After getting what we needed, we wandered through the garden section and found some great trees. A lot of hard work, sore hands, sunburned skin, and dirty little kids later, we have five beautiful Japanese Flowering Cherry trees in our drive strip! I love looking out the front windows to see them...somehow with the trees out there I don't notice all the dirt. The front door is just going to have to wait until next weekend:o)
Hunter also had his first soccer game this weekend. It was hilarious to watch. The kids ran around in a big clump chasing the ball. Hunter would stand there with his hands clasped behind his back observing everything that took place. Aaron thinks he looks like Mr. Rogers when he does that...and he does it a lot! He finally got into the game and even kicked the ball a couple of times.

See the kids on the ground? Hunter's on the very bottom. He really loves playing soccer. I think I am going to get a little goal at Target tomorrow so we can start practicing with our little superstar!

2 Happy Notes:
Cute! Where's the pic of the trees?
HI! I'm Janea's friend Stephanie. I love to look at your blog. Your pictures are gorgeous! I just got a nice camera and I come look at your pic's for inspiration all the time. You can ask her, I'm not crazy! Your kids are adorable.
Post a Comment