Fun Lovin Half Dozen

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Back...

As I sit here watching breaking news about a mother who supposedly sold her eight month old baby to a couple to prevent the baby's father from having anything to do with him, a smidgeon of reality hit. It really sank in when I heard my fuzzy blond baby crying in her bedroom. I jumped off the bed and took off to her room to find her on all fours, bare feet sticking through her crib slats, and her dazzling blue eyes staring up at me. As I held her and she nuzzled into my neck, my mind wandered...I AM a good MOM, I AM a good WIFE. I AM a good Person. I HAVE a good HEART.

The past year was more difficult for me than I could have ever imagined.

I struggled,
I cried,
I screamed,
I wanted to give up,
I tried to give up,
I endured!

It's a new year, and while I have to admit, I did not make any real resolutions...I pondered, I daydreamed, I doodled, and then I decided. My ultimate goal for the new year is simple. I just want to be HAPPY! I know that if I work towards accomplishing this one simple resolution, my other goals and desires will fall happily into place.

2 Happy Notes:

Ginamarie said...

Mollie.

I am so glad that you are back. I love your post. You are so wise. Seriously...we all make these fancy resolutions that cause us stress and grief...but really the most important thing is to be happy and to enjoy your family. I wish you the best this year.

Just so you know...I have always thought that you are amazing! What a great example of what a mom should be!

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh I 100% agree with you. I'm going to do that too! And I'm glad you finally realized how GREAT you really are!