Fun Lovin Half Dozen

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oink! Oink!

As I sit here with my brain in a complete fog, I figured it would be a good time to update my blog. Unfortunately, nothing exciting is going on in my life and I really don't have much to blog about. You see, when you're recovering from the most massively horrible illness you have ever had (a.k.a. H1N1 or the swine flu) life seems to just pass you by.

I called Aaron last Thursday and told him I wanted to go to Cafe Rio for dinner (sadly for me, he agreed). An hour later, I called him on the phone and told him I was too sick to go. It hit me that fast and I honestly thought I would go insane from the skull crushing headache and painful body ache. Friday it was so bad, I begged to go to the hospital or doctor. My dad drove out here to get the little munchkins (who were having the time of their lives destroying the house and eating everything in sight) and Aaron got off work to take me to the doctor.

My doctor took one look at me and said you have the flu, he walked out of the room and back with a swab. I thought he was going to swab my throat, but oh no, he shoved that thing so far into my nose it made my eyes cross! He said he was going to go culture it, came back to tell me it would take about 10 minutes. He walked out the door and within seconds walked back in and told me I had the H1N1 flu. He said he has never seen results that fast...lucky me! NOT! He said that he could give me a prescription for Tamiflu or...his office was doing research on a study drug and I could make money. So I took the money option. I get to have my blood drawn twice a day and those stinking swabs shoved up my nose. Oh the joy! But...the money will be a nice chunk of change towards a new camera.

In other news, I never did clarify that Aaron did not get hit by a car...I just thought he did. We aren't that lucky. If he did, I don't think we would have the medical bills we now have.

Also, I decided against posting the talk I gave at my grandma's funeral. While it had some fun stories about my grandma, it was just too raw and personal. The funeral was beautiful, her casket was white and she had the most stunning flowers I have ever seen. I still can't believe she is gone.

3 Happy Notes:

Em said...

I still feel so bad for you and wish that I could help you when you aren't feeling well, but instead just "take". I keep wondering when "life" is going to slow down. I miss grandma so much and can't seem to do anything without it reminding me of grandma.

Ashlee said...

Mollie I am so sorry you have been so miserable. Having this after taking care of everything on your own for so long...you need a vacation! Well I really want to bring you dinner and let you at least have a night off! i will text you and talk you into it! Heehee!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh man. . .I'm so sorry to hear that! Swine flu? Yikes. Hope you're back to feeling like yourself and nobody else came down with it!