Fun Lovin Half Dozen

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Pumpkin Master

I must say, my kids are so lucky that I picked out such a great daddy for them! He is the pumpkin pickin' and carvin' MASTER! Big A can pick out the best pumpkins at the patch and then turn them into a work of art. If it were left up to me, we wouldn't carve pumpkins...BaHumbug!

Aaron sits down with the kids, gets their input on how they would like their pumpkins carved, sketches the faces for them, and then trasfers the 'pattern' onto the pumpkins and begins his work.

This year FiFi experienced pumpkin 'guts' for the first time. It didn't go over so well. It was quite the dramatic scene in which howling and tears were involved.


Learning from the Master. She wanted to sketch out her own design.


Daddy transfering her design onto the pumpkin.



The process...jotting down the ideas that come to mind. Aren't they cute?




This is what happens when mommy is sick...kids are slightly neglected and don't get dressed properly. I spent the day on the couch, but Ellie didn't understand. She just wanted to be held. Poor baby!



Apparently she remembers that pumpkins are good. I baked a pumpkin pie pumpkin a couple weeks ago and feed her the leftover part that didn't quite make it into the pie. Yummy!


Also, I am working on the 'prizes' for my little giveaway so I can take some pictures to post on my blog. I'm not making any promises, but hope to have the details posted by next week.

2 Happy Notes:

Janea said...

So cute! I love watching the kids carve pumpkins. They LOVE it!

Shannon said...

These pictures are so cute...you are SO talented